Re: non-free?

Herman Robak wrote:

Wasn't Blender released under the GPL more than a year ago? <http://www.blender3d.org/Community/?sub=OpenSource>

Well, that's good.
I'm not that familiar with graphics, and just grabbed those two as examples.
My bad.
But you see my point, I think.
There are a lot of very good non-free applications out there, and we are
going to feel their absence for some time.
Projects such as http://www.kaffe.org/
stil have a way to go before they establish themselves as
comprehensively viable replacements, and they are amongst the front runners.
IBM and ESR are currently talking to Sun concerning making Java open
source, but there is nothing established as yet.
Regards,

David.