Re: Research: Who was on thin client XY yesterday? (Logology)

On Saturday 02 October 2004 19:48, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 16:13 schrieb Thomas Templin:
> > How did you know that someone logged in before he/she/it grabs the mouse?
>
> Well, of course, this conclusion can not been drawn, but I can find the
> last person who saw the mouse alive - and hence determine the time when the
> robbery had been committed ...
>
> > Put a camera in a corner of your cabinnet.
>
> Who had been talking about "big brother"? 1984 is 20 years ago.
It would be a fake if you use a dummy camera.
But youre right it is a step in the wrong direction.

> I had bundled all cables by means of a cable binder (is there such word?).
"German - English Dictionary 1.3"
Kabelbinder
   cable fixer; cable tie; tyrap; cable tie wrap; zip tie

AFAIK tyrap is the most common used (in the US)

You know that there are tyraps made of steel?

We used wooden cases at the university for computers in pc cabinets.
All cable where tied in the inner of that cases. So you have to use brute
force to get a mouse, keyboard or one of the computers.

I even did so in the internet cafe of Jugendhaus Jever. And they have quite
hard core kiddies over there. (-;

Every kid who want's to use the equipment has to log in first in the
"Lokbuch". Its really called Lokbuch. (c:

> The
> robber must have had tools to cut it!
May be a swiss knife?

But the diffusion to /dev/thief of mice and mousepads is a big problem at
every school and university.

I tend to use the cheapest mice I can get, 5,-EUR in the moment.

Bye,
TT