Re: [samba] login.bat isn't run on win2k clients

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 06:11:24PM +0200, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 28. September 2004 19:31 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> > it is in the samba configuration
> > that prevent win2k clients from auto starting login.bat.
>
> Hi, once more. My intention is far from staying the only poster on this
> thread, but I feel obliged to quote some lines from our smb.conf :)
>
> /etc/smb.conf

It Should be /etc/samba/smb.conf, but I'm sure that is a typo

> <----------------------------------
> [global]
> # server name
>    netbios name = tjener
>
> # server string/NT Description field
>    server string = %h server (Samba %v)
>
> # Workgroup/NT-domain name
>
>    workgroup = skolelinux
>
> # OpenLDAP configuration
>
>    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldaps://ldap
>    ldap suffix = dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
>    ldap user suffix = ou=People
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines,ou=People
>    ldap admin dn = "cn=smbadmin,ou=People,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no"
>
> # PAM setup
>
>    obey pam restrictions = yes
>
> # Printer settings
>
>    load printers = yes
>    printing = cups
>    printcap name = cups
>
> # Network logon
>
>    logon home = \\tjener\%U
>
> # MH   vorher: h:
>    logon drive = u:
>    logon script = login.bat
>
> ;   invalid users = root
>
> # Logfiles
>
>    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>    max log size = 1000
>    syslog = 0
>
> # Security options
>
>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = true
>
> # Networking options
>
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
>
> # Browser Control Options
>
>   local master = yes
>   domain logons = yes
>   domain master = yes
>   preferred master = yes
>
>   os level = 65
>
> # WINS Support
>
>    wins support = yes
>
> # DNS proxy for NetBIOS
>
>    dns proxy = no
>
> # Add NT clients
>
>    add machine script = /etc/samba/smbaddclient.pl %u
>
> # Disable changing of password using samba
>   unix password sync = yes
>   passwd program = /bin/false
>
> # PAB --------------------------
>
>     # unknown ?!
>     #   character set = ISO8859-1
>         case sensitive  = no
>         mangle case     = no
>         preserve case   = yes
>         short preserve case     = yes

Hmm, what is this ?  This PAB section ? okay, I find that it has the
default values, so I guess it should be okay.

> #======================= Share Definitions =======================
>
> [homes]
>    invalid users = root
>    comment = Home Directories
>    browseable = no
>    writable = yes
>    create mask = 0664
>    directory mask = 0775
>
> [netlogon]
>    invalid users = root
>    comment = Network Logon Service
>    path = /etc/samba/netlogon
>    guest ok = yes
>    writable = no
>    share modes = no

> I feel that the problem might due to the [netlogon] share section, any
> comments?

No it looks just liek it does on Ulsrud :)

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no