Re: version control for config files (was: Re: FAQ splinters)

Hi Patrick,

thank you for catching the thread - spontaneous I remember the revision cotrol
at wiki pages: You type a comment on any change and can recall each state of
the site.

Am Sonntag 26 September 2004 11:03 schrieb Patrick Willam:
> Or does this glue still have to be made up?

Could some webmin/wlus module become this glue? I faintly remember there was a
"config section" or the like. I imagine an (extendable) list of conf files
that can be edited within your browser (webmin) whilst commiting changes
provides a short comment. The module then could do something like

cp $1 $1.old
echo $filebuffer >$1
diff $1 $1.old >>changelog

(where $1 is the name of the edited file and $filebuffer is the edited
content)

Now, is this a task for practising perl, or is it?

:)

Regards
Ralf