Re: autologin for thin clients

fredag 10. september 2004, 09:37, skrev Frédéric BOITEUX:
> I've found that kde session manager let me configure some accounts
> which can log without password, so I use it.
>
> It works when I'm on the main server, but not when I'me on the thin
> client ;

I use autologin at the thinclients at home, from (the book that is under
translation, hopefully to a language near you :-)
http://skolelinux.org/~klaus/newnotater/x2482.html

In the file /etc/kde2/kdm/kdmrc
(substitute kde2 with kde3 if you are using kde3)
add the following line to enable autologin of the user "frederic"
on the thinclient ltsp010(192.168.0.10 must be set
in /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd-debian-edu.conf)

[X-ltsp010:0-Core]
AutoLoginEnable=true
AutoLoginUser=frederic

If you just want the kdm loginbox to come up with your username already
filled in, so that you just need to type the password, this will fix
that:

[X-ltsp010:0-Greeter]
PreselectUser=Default
DefaultUser=frederic