Re: Q: Raid-5 Controller (Hardware aquiration)

mandag 19. juli 2004, 17:56, skrev Ralf Gesellen'setter:
> One of our possible suppliers insists on omitting that device (400
> Eu!) as the TX150 comes with some built-in Adaptec 2010 PCI extension
> that uses the onboard SCSI interface offering a hardware RAID-5
> function.

If you can get your supplier to give you a guarantee that this
controller does work out-of-the-box with Skolelinux, then you take his
advice and use the onboard controller.

Be sure to let us know if that does work, I never got it to work with
Skolelinux out-of-the-box, and 400 Euro only covers 4 hours of salary.

--
Klaus