Re: Integration of other Linux-machines into Skolelinux network.

fredag 16. juli 2004, 13:16, skrev Klaus Ade Johnstad:
> I'm in the process of translating to English and improving upon the
> Norwegian-only documentation, found at
> www.skolelinux.no/~klaus/notater
>
> Integrating Windows and Mac-machines with ldap/samba/autofs is
> documented, and quit easy. Now I wonder how to setup other
> Linux-machine to also use the Skolelinux ldap and autofs.
>
> I would normally have RTFM, but
> 1) I'm writing TFM
> 2) I'm on holiday without a real network connection (33.6 modem is
> not good)
>
> Anyone have a short howto? I have for testing a knoppix cd.
>
>  --
> Klaus

Ok, here comes a unpolished howto-workaround, getting a Knoppix
workstation to authenticate against the Skolelinux ldap, with autofs.
Someone should try to make this work with suse, fedore, mandrake and
many more.

[to get ldap working]
[1]
apt-get install  libnss-ldap libpam-ldap nscd
[2]
Then copy from a working Skolelinux Workstation the files
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/libnss-ldap.conf
/etc/nscd.conf
and all the files from
/etc/pam.d/

[to get autofs working]
To get autofs working I first tried all I could think about, probably I
did one thing to much, but it's working, but it is very unpolished.
[1]
apt-get install autofs-ldap ldap-utils libldap2 libnss-ldap libpam-ldap
[2]
Remove /etc/auto.master
Copy from a working Skolelinux Workstation the files
/etc/default/autofs
[3]
Copy from a working Skolelinux Workstation
/etc/init.d/autofs
and then rerun
update-rc.d -f autofs defaults 20
[4]
Copy from a working Skolelinux Workstation all the files in
/etc/ldap/schema
[5]
Probably also copied from a working Skolelinux Workstation the file
/etc/pam_ldap.conf
[6]
I probably forgott something.
--