Re: Integration of other Linux-machines into Skolelinux network.

fredag 16. juli 2004, 13:16, skrev Klaus Ade Johnstad:
> I'm in the process of translating to English and improving upon the
> Norwegian-only documentation, found at
> www.skolelinux.no/~klaus/notater
>
> Integrating Windows and Mac-machines with ldap/samba/autofs is
> documented, and quit easy. Now I wonder how to setup other
> Linux-machine to also use the Skolelinux ldap and autofs.
>
> I would normally have RTFM, but
> 1) I'm writing TFM
> 2) I'm on holiday without a real network connection (33.6 modem is
> not good)
>
> Anyone have a short howto? I have for testing a knoppix cd.
>
>  --
> Klaus

OK, I figured it out myself.

I just copied from a working Skolelinux Workstation the files
/etc/nsswitch.conf
/etc/libnss-ldap.conf
and all the files from
/etc/pam.d/
then ldap worked on my Knoppix machine.

But not yet autofs, that is my next task.
--
Klaus
http://www.holmlia.gs.oslo.no