Re: weekly report week 22, 23

* Thomas Templin (lists@gnuwhv.de) [040607 20:04]:
> On Monday 07 June 2004 19:46, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > i also tried to win german developers for work on "localisation"
> > of debian-edu in germany (not meaning langugae but working
> > together with german teachers and schools to solve german
> > problems) and there could be two interested (with some time) and
> > many more without any. (c:
> Who did you try to win and where (state).

i dont care in which german state. preferably close to other
german skolelinux people. i talked to debian developers at
debconf, who i belive to have the potential to both care and
productively work with german teachers.

> How do you want to get german teachers involved (any offer to them)?

the problem is that mostly teachers (aka non-technical people and
not knowlegeable about how to work in a team over the net) are
involved right now in skolelinux-de. little to no reusable code
or documentation flows back to the bigger community. Some
quality ensurance effords are in the works, and a german wiki was
created, but no reoccuring efford is made to push it upstream.
(one could blame the new website, which is still not up, and
which is intended as a way of providing an international forum
and help to solve that problem.)

as far as i am concerned those developers and teachers should
work in close proximity, and the developers task would probably
be to observe where the teachers struggle and
1) communicate that in a usable way to the other developers
2) solve the problem in a reusable fashion
3) educate the teachers and enable them to become multipicators
   (to help others)

> In which position / task shall teachers be involved (existing doc's / info
> material about that for interested teachers)?

i guess the most interesting teachers would be those with a
developer around. (c:

all the rest could try to get over their mindset of "i want this,
provide it for me now!" (which i notice more in german teachers
then elsewhere) towards "i need this, how can i help to make it
happen and where can i contribute?".

i am german myself.