Re: weekly report week 22, 23

* Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org) [040607 19:10]:
> We also talked about the School Tool school admin
> project that Mark Shuttleworth founded, and a project he started in
> South Africa to get linux into schools.

i talked to Steve Alexander about this in some detail.
SchoolTool is a administration tool, helping to create room-pans,
schedules at the beginning of the school year and to ceep track
of attendence, grades etc. It fills a big blank in what we
have/do towards a full blown school solution.

for the first year of deployment they recommend schools for
testing with some IT and python knowledge in house, to repair
brakage if it should surface suddenly.

they would even provide funding for work on it. (c:
knuty, vidar, markus? interesting?

i also tried to win german developers for work on "localisation"
of debian-edu in germany (not meaning langugae but working
together with german teachers and schools to solve german
problems) and there could be two interested (with some time) and
many more without any. (c: