Re: [Debian-NYC] This List

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm subscribed to this list because I want to be alerted to Debian
> related events and get-togethers in New York City since I am frequently
> in town and am willing to come into town for get-togethers.
>
> Currently, Debian-NYC seems to be the Jay Sulzberger event announcement
> list about topics unrelated to Debian. In the past month and a half,
> I've recieved nothing else.  If it continues, I'll unsubscribe from this
> list. I think this is really too bad since I honestly am interested in
> the topic for which the email lists supposedly exists.
>
> Jay, I've now watched this exact thread on three other mailing lists now
> but I think it's time again: can you please refrain from repeatedly
> sending non-Debian related emails to this Debian specific list?
>
> Regards,
> Mako

Mako, what license New York City uses for health care records is
a serious issue.  New York City should use only free software,
and in particular, should use only free software for something so
important as medical records.

The announcement is dead on topic for this list.  Because Debian
folk should show up at this and like hearings.  Else we lose by
default these particular engagements.

oo--JS.