Re: feedback wanted for new devanagari font

Thanks Jonas,

I appreciate you spotted that typo.

On Monday 26 January 2015 at 02:53, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Quoting Alexei Vanyashin (2015-01-25 16:19:57)
The project has been renamed to Sumana Devanagari,  since the vertical
metrics in Lora Devanagari and Lora are different,  and will continue
to develop under this repo:

Nice name change :-)

README.md contains a typo: Sankrit → Sanskrit.

Have you managed to solve the PDF rendering issue?

Seems you misunderstood: Pavithran pointed out that the PDF _you_
produced seems to have an issue with rendering the fonts correctly.
Seems most sensible that _you_ try update your system and re-render that
PDF :-)

I see now. I’m on Mac OS 10.10.1, and I used Adobe Indesign CS6 to generate the PDF.
At the moment I am working though the many comments I received from
a native expert, and will produce a new PDF, once they are amended.
Will make sure system is updated.
The past months I have learned a bunch about XeLaTeX, and Pavithran's
comment did provoke me to try create a test page, attached this email

Can some of you suggest a nice devanagari text to use for such demo
page? - preferrably something related to flowers.
I am attaching a PDF with Hindi / Marathi / Nepali.
The texts are from wikipedia, but unrelated to flowers.
hope this helps

alexei

- Jonas

* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private

Attachments:
- devanagari.pdf