Re: Multi-arch branches

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Based on Raphaël's comments and the lack of further reply on your side,
> I've used Raphaël's fixup commit, keeping the originally-proposed
> version.
>
> Based on the lack of objections and the lack of alternative plans, I'll
> proceed with the NMU this evening, using the experimental branch on my
> alioth repository:
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/kibi/dpkg.git

While I'm all for more testing in experimental, I thought Guillem
objected?

What I would find most useful to hear (from anyone) is if there are any
unresolved interface questions remaining.  E.g., has the behavior of
"dpkg --get-selections" and --set-selections been worked out?  If there
are the sort of problems that mean it would be unsafe to code on the
assumption that dpkg's behavior will stay roughly the same, then I
suggest at least a temporary NEWS.Debian entry saying so.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan