Re: draft ballot: please rule on how to implement debian/rules build-arch

[ moving to debian-dpkg, it's not interesting for tech-ctte anymore ]

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Yes, I reorganized my thoughts while sleeping, in essence I'm mostly
> concerned about the *possibility* of building/using old sources and
> binaries, and as long as there's a way, even if behind --force- or
> other similar options I don't have any problem with that.

OK, that makes sense. But this is something we can take care of when
we're going to drop this make -qn check.

> > +unless ($buildtarget eq "build" or scalar(@debian_rules) > 1) {
> > +    # Verify that build-{arch,indep} are supported. If not, fallback to build.
> > +    # This is a temporary measure to not break too many packages on a flag day.
>
> It still would be nice to wrap this under 80 chars. :)

By my vim's count, they are at 78 and 79 chars. :-)

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer