Re: Some upcoming dpkg changes, test and feedback welcome

* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [110921 22:52]:
>>> [...] DEB_DISTRIBUTION [...]
> But this is all wishful thinking at this point given that I have no use
> case where some analysis of the distributions returned needs to be
> portable across several derivatives and Debian itself.

Sorry for again joining in late in the distribution, but what is the use
case of this field exactly?

Currently I can only see possible abuses but no proper uses for it, so
unless there is something I miss, I'd rather request that variable to
be removed, as it can only harm.

	Bernhard R. Link