Re: merging dselect bugs resulting from "dpkg -iGROEB"

Florent Rougon writes ("Re: merging dselect bugs resulting from "dpkg -iGROEB""):
> Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > I use dpkg -iGROEB on the dpkg-ftp download area without problem, too.
>
> Sorry for my ignorance, what is this "dpkg-ftp download area", if you
> don't mind explaining a bit?..

If you use dpkg-ftp [I]nstall, it downloads the files to
/var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/debian.  Then if dpkg -iGROEB doesn't work
well enough you can handhold it by dpkg -i'ing individual .debs.  It's
not sophisticated but it's very unlikely to break your system.

Ian.