Re: splitting /var/lib/dpkg/status and handling desc translation (was: ddts notification)

Le Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:41:35PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman écrivait:
> As I already said, not now besides from what we've just being doing.
> I have to admit that the fact that this discussion keeps repeating
> itself and people don't seem to accept what we (dpkg people) tell them
> makes me rapidly loose interest in continueing it.
>
> As I also said, at this moment we simply can't implement it anyway
> due to missing infrastructure. We'll get there, but it just might take
> a bit longer then you would like. That's life.

That's sad since :
- grisu proposed a simple intermediary solution using gettext that
  we could use rapidly (you're the first one to say that we can have
  several ways of getting the translations, so let's integrate the "easy"
  way right now and take the time we need for the more difficult (but
  better) way).
- in the meantime, you could tell what you want for the long term in dpkg
  and let other people help you to achieve it (yes we're in a freeze, but
  that's what cvs branches are for, no ?) ...

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com