Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

Previously Martin Quinson wrote:
> Could you please explain what you're thinking about ? I am interessed in
> allowing end user having translation. I don't really care about the way it
> is done[*]. But with such a cryptic mail, it's hard to figure what can be
> done for my perticular problem in your much larger framework...

I'm not thinking of anything in particular at the moment, mostly just
following the discussion and noting possible issues.

At this moment translations are simply not on the top of the todo-list
for dpkg, and we already know that we will need some infrastructure to
support them properly that does not exist at the moment.

> What do I have to do to be informed about dpkg development ?

Follow CVS.

> [*]: ie, I think gettext does what we need, but if you explain what's wrong
> about that, I'm pretty flexible.

You've already been told a few times that gettext only does a small (and
simple) part of what is involved.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |