Re: lenny release-notes built and available, questions

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:18:42PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net>:
> > PS: What's the status of removal of generated XML files? It should be save to
> > do so *now*, right?
>
> Do you mean the po4a-generated .dbk files? They should be removed in the
> clean rule.

Oops, sorry, I mean the SGML files in the Etch version. Rhonda and Simon noticed
that generated files are committed (which was in the past required because of po4a
problems) and that it could cause trouble. It seems that the current po4a
version is recent enough so it is probably save to remove these. But as I haven't
upgraded po4a I can only guess and I don't want to break the build :-)

Example:
ja/release-notes.ja.po  ja/release-notes.ja.sgml
(SGML is generated from PO)

PS: If a few translators really forget to edit the PO file in favour of SGML they
could update the PO file also after the removal.

Jens