Re: Switching from CVS to something else (debian-doc & debian-www)

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 06:07:55PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Ok, this is totally unrelated to git-cvsimport. This is a bug that affects
> Alioth because we use nss_updatedb and all users disappear for a second
> every 30 minutes. This causes troubles for long-lasting processes like
> this one. We're in contact with nss-updatedb maintainer to fix it but
> we're not yet done. nscd is supposed to minimize that problem but nscd
> itself is buggy and tends to crash or causes other problems. I just
> restarted nscd on Alioth, maybe your next try will work. :)

Actually, it failed on my machine using tar ball expanded on my machine.

> Try the conversion on another machine and it should work in any case.
>
> Also note that I've been recommended usage of "parsecvs" instead of
> git-cvsimport but I never tried it.
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/keithp/parsecvs.git

OK.  I will try.

> See comments on this blog entry:
> http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2007/07/24/assembling-bits-of-history-with-git/

Anyway, I think moving archive issue and what vcs to use is different
issue.  We should move CVS to alioth first as is while creating new
build infrastructure for web page.