Re: translation support

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 04:25:43PM +0200, Michael Timmermann wrote:
>> i am a qualified translator german/english and
>> vice versa. I am also literate in terms of
>> computer language as a trained network
>> administrator and linux user. I would like to
>> support the documentation project. Please tell
>> me how i can get involved.
>
> hello Michael
>
> maybe you can make a review of the install doc's from our install
> system. Please ask in debian-boot.

Yes, the woody install docs just underwent a rewrite, so could definitely
use some translation attention.

Compare http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/documentation/en/
with http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/documentation/de/

There have been two new chapters added and one deleted, a lot of material
was moved around. *ALL* the translations need to be updated (cs, de, es, fi,
fr, hr, ja, pl, pt, ru, sk). People trying to use the existing manual
translations to install woody will get very confused, because there is no
more base_*.tgz.

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |