Re: translation support

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 04:59:15PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> That would be nice, though hardly maintainable :)

	Why so? We just need a way to keep track of all the translation
teams. This can be easily done for the WWW and DDP (since we have CVS logs
of who commits and when and could use them to build the list of active
translators) but might be more difficult for translations of documents
(since most do not use CVS for updating and just do translations on a "one
shot" basis).

	In my opinion we need better coordination of the translation teams
and a way to recognize their status like we currently do for package
maintainers. Just think: we can easily see who manages a given package, but
we cannot do likewise for translated documentation in the DDP or the
webpages.

> If you really intend to do it, please do it like variables so the data is
> easily extractable. Cf. webwml/english/devel/website/tc.data

	I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking of doing it also for the DDP,
but time is scarce these days...

	Javi