Re^2: Debian Metadata Proposal -- draft rev.1.4

Am 06.07.98 schrieb Marcus.Brinkmann # ruhr-uni-bochum.de ...

Moin Marcus!

MB> So, a nice frontend could display the DDH or, alternatively, the Types:.

I don#t understand whatfor we need types. I think we should remove this
tag.

MB> > !!  Duh!  That's a good point!  I guess you're right that there's no
MB> > point on translating the title of an english document into German, is
MB> > there?
MB> I think it is a very good idea to translate the title of a document.

No, it#s a bad idea. Why should we should the user a German title if the
document is in English? If he don#t understand English, he can#t read the
document, so why do we need a German title?

MB> > If I recall, you would prefer to have docreg files in the
MB> > documentation area, i.e., /usr/doc/<pkg>.  I am amenable to this,
MB> > actually, but if you're going to be reading docreg files directly, I
MB> > think this is going to be evil.
MB> The docreg file isn't documentation,

So what? I don#t understand that. There#re a lot of files in /usr/doc
that#re not documentation. And the user won#t see the files. For example
apache includes its .htaccess files in the html directories.

MB> therefore it has nothing to do in /usr/doc.

??? Ok, please delete all metadata informations (RDF, <link> tag) from the
HTML files in /usr/doc. And please don#t forget do delete all images.

MB> They shouldn't appear there, and I *hate* dot files elsewhere
MB> than in my home directory, where I don't know about them.

Could you explain the reason? dot files are a standard for local
configuration files (see for example apache).

MB>  (d) It would be a dot file then, and I hate dot files.

Nice argument :).

MB>  (e) It is not documentation.

Not true.

cu, Marco