Re: Comments on proposing NEW queue improvement (Re: Current NEW review process saps developer motivation

On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 00:15:27 -0400, Scott Kitterman
<debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
>If I look at a package and determine it's only in New due to a new binary
>package name and that means the project has prohibited me from looking for
>other issues in the package until some time later when it's not in New, then I
>feel pretty precisely like I'm prohibited from doing something.

You could just not look at the packagein binNEW until you, with your
private hat on, had the time to look at the copyright file before
putting the ftpmaster hat on back again. Can mere mortals look at
packages in binNEW to inspect them for bugs in debian/copyright?

Of course, that would just circumvent the decision of the project and
not gain us anything.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |