Re: transition to usrmerge to start around 2022-09-15 (next Thursday)

On Sep 18, Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:

> So if you don't want another round of pointless discussions, then I
> suggest that you start working on those bugs now. That's the smart thing
In other words, you are saying that if we don't do what you want then
you will keep rehashing the same old arguments.
This looks like extortion to me.

> to do if you want to make *sure* usrmerge is part of the release.  If
> there is no conflict between release goals, then there will be no need
> for a discussion.
"That's a nice feature you have there, it would be a shame if something
happened to it..."

> I find it quite disappointing to read https://bugs.debian.org/848622 . I
> don't know if it is arrogance or ignorance, but this bug is undoubtedly
> caused by usrmerge:
And our position is that it needs to be fixed in dpkg.

--
ciao,
Marco