Re: ARM architectures

On Sun, 2021-06-06 at 12:43 +0200, Aaron Dewes wrote:
> > I personally prefer the Raspi 4 because it can run plain Debian in
> > way supported by a Debian Developer
>
> I'm interested in this version, do you know how it is built
> (Manually,
> or is there a build script to verify the images)?

If you go that route here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=282839

you install using the official netinst images from ftp.debian.org,
so this ist built just the same way that amd64 is (on Debian
infrastructure with official tooling). As you use the official
installer, there is also no weird preseeding of host keys or
other questionable practices.

> The official Raspberry Pi OS (the arm64 version of it) supports both
> armhf and arm64 debian packages out of the box (And has support for
> these enabled in dpkg).

Yes, but when I update my rasbperry pis and my amd64 boxes, I really
get identical versions from the same servers. My /etc/apt/sources.list
reads like:

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Bullseye_ - Official Snapshot
arm64 NETINST 20210521-08:45]/ bullseye main
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free

You cannot really get much more vanilla than that.

/ralph