Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 08:11:00PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> On 12/5/21 6:41 AM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> > Am Sun, Dec 05, 2021 at 10:53:56AM +0100 schrieb Paul Gevers:
> > Exactly that.
> >
> > I'd suggest anyone who's interested in seeing Chromium supported to first
> > update it in unstable (and then work towards updated in bullseye-security).
>
> I started doing just that: https://salsa.debian.org/dilinger/chromium (v96
> and misc-fixes branches).

As a side note: If any of the system/* patches cause issues, feel free to switch
to the vendored copies. Vendoring in general is frowned upon since it requires that
a fix in a libraries spreads out to all vendored copies, but for Chromium there's
a steady stream of Chromium-internal security issues anyway, so for all
practical purposes it doesn't make a difference if the Chromium security releases
also include a fix for a vendored lib like ICU.

Cheers,
        Moritz