Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

On 12/13/21 5:31 PM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 08:11:00PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
On 12/5/21 6:41 AM, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
Am Sun, Dec 05, 2021 at 10:53:56AM +0100 schrieb Paul Gevers:
Exactly that.

I'd suggest anyone who's interested in seeing Chromium supported to first
update it in unstable (and then work towards updated in bullseye-security).
I started doing just that: https://salsa.debian.org/dilinger/chromium (v96
and misc-fixes branches).
As a side note: If any of the system/* patches cause issues, feel free to switch
to the vendored copies. Vendoring in general is frowned upon since it requires that
a fix in a libraries spreads out to all vendored copies, but for Chromium there's
a steady stream of Chromium-internal security issues anyway, so for all
practical purposes it doesn't make a difference if the Chromium security releases
also include a fix for a vendored lib like ICU.

Cheers,
         Moritz

I've got 96.0.4664.110 building on both bullseye and sid, and am currently

debugging some crashes. The only thing I had to vendor was some nodejs

libraries, although it's very tempting to take a chainsaw through the various

patches and re-vendor a bunch of other libraries as Jeff suggested. Still on

the v96 branch of https://salsa.debian.org/dilinger/chromium