Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

Hi Andres,

On 05-12-2021 03:36, Andres Salomon wrote:
So what's happening with chromium in both sid and stable? I saw on d-release that it was removed from testing (#998676 and #998732), with a discussion about ending security support for it in stable. I'm willing to help out with chromium packaging if the problem is simply lack of time (or I could just as easily help with something like ungoogled-chromium, #939406, if the plan is to have that in debian instead). Either way, both as a user and a developer, it is really not great to have chromium in limbo.   :(

The problem really is lack of maintenance. In my opinion, chromium deserves an active *team* to support it in Debian. What we have seen over the past years, are just (more or less) incidental uploads. Not enough for stable (we shipped it in bullseye because we had the impression support was picked up again, but alas). We'll not ship it in bookworm unless we see steady uploads in unstable and we see security uploads in stable. The security team doesn't have the bandwidth to do it themselves, they need a team to help them.

Paul