Re: How to build circular dependant packages in debian

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:40 PM Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2021-09-19 01:24:32 +0000 (+0000), Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 2:35 PM Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> > > http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-September/012058.html
> >
> > Hmm, this site has a confusing way of not supporting https.
>
> Thanks for the feedback! Other than simply not currently supporting
> HTTPS (after all, it's an HTTP URL), what was confusing about the
> way it didn't? Or are you just saying you're confused that there's
> still a site on the Web which doesn't serve HTTPS?

Normally one would get "Connection refused" when connecting to a port
that isn't open, but at this site one gets "No route to host", as if
there is no network path to reach the host, which is clearly not true
since the HTTP port works. I wasn't aware it is even possible to have
different routing for each TCP port, I guess this is a feature of
OpenStack?

> If there's a reason we should prioritize an HTTPS
> implementation there over other [Mailman 2] work,

User subscription passwords are transferred to the Mailman
subscription/options web interface, which is on the same site as the
web mailman archives.

--
bye,
pabs