Re: How to build circular dependant packages in debian

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:57 PM Jeremy Stanley wrote:

> According to meeting minutes from last week, it looks like that is
> either already happening or at least planned/intended:
>
> http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-September/012048.html

Excellent, that is good to see. In addition to pushing packaging
patches to Debian, they need to work with our upstreams too,
especially the Linux kernel community.

> But I agree, if they aren't already it would be great to see them
> pitch in with maintaining things in Debian they're relying on, as
> well as posting patches in the BTS or Salsa with rationale for
> modifications they're carrying.

It sounds like they are using the Pulp tool for creating binary
archives (including apt). I note that Pulp isn't in Debian yet,
hopefully they consider packaging it. It sounds like they might also
be using Aptly (typoed as Apily?), the upstream project for that was
quite unmaintained, some folks stepped in but more are needed.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Setup#Pulp
https://pulpproject.org/
https://github.com/aptly-dev/aptly/issues/920

--