Re: Thanks and Decision making working group (was Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result)

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 12:31:51PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> IMHO, it's better to have a vote quickly on a limited set of GR options,
> with the possibility of a second GR if there is sufficient dissatisfaction
> with the first GR outcome, than to have community energy spent endlessly on
> crafting a perfect set of options before we take a vote.

You are saying that whenever there are 6 DDs who don't like the outcome
of the first GR, they should start a second GR that repeals the first GR
and replaces it with something better as soon as the results of the
first GR are posted.

Or start a second GR before the first GR has been voted on, as nearly
happened during your GR due to the shortened discussion period.

I would rather have one discussion that covers all aspects of the topic,
with all options on one ballot, and then have the topic settled instead
of having an endless succession of GRs around the same topic.

cu
Adrian