Re: Making Debian available

On Jan 23, Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:

> While I appreciate your point, and agree with the rationale behind it
> (having something that works for very recent hardware would be good), I
This is not about "very recent" hardware, it is really about "most
hardware".

> personally find the way you express it rude for those whose principle
> are on the side of sticking to the philosophy of the project, which is
> to provide Free Software.
I do identify as somebody sticking to the philosophy of the project,
which is to provide Free Software, as it was understood when I joined
Debian 24 years ago.

I still believe that advertising CD images which do not work for the
vast majority of our users is self-inflicted harm which does not help
anybody.

--
ciao,
Marco