Re: debdocker - A Debian docker-based personal builder

Hi Johannes,

thank you for all your comments and for pointing out the efforts with 'sbuild'.
I agree with everything you said, however imho it is not always the whole truth.
For example most of our beloved OS is a result of yet another sw for someone's
need. There is almost no SW segment that would not provide at least two
implementations of almost the same thing. In my case i spent quite some time
looking for a container based builder and checking, if the main builders
'pbuilder' and 'sbuild' could use containers instead of chroot - unsuccessfully.
After too much time "wasted", i end up writing 'debdocker', which anyone could
use (hence these posts). I would suggest you also try it as a sandbox for a
simple/sample docker usage.

Regarding 'sbuild' docker backend, i would gladly try to help, however i would
probably need some guidance. After a quick look at #867176, there is an 'sbuild'
patch available, but you are also talking about 'autopkgtest'. What exactly
needs to be done regarding the patch?

regards, Samo