How to include a toy library in a package?

Hi,

what is the best way to handle a toy library whose only purpose is to
provide an example library for a test suite? My plan is to offer some
packages providing the core functionality of some software [0] plus an
extra package containing the test machinery (provided by upstream) which
allows users to test their setup. The code of this test library is very
simple:

https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/charliecloud/-/blob/master/test/sotest/libsotest.c

Since the toy library is never meant to be used by any "normal" code, I
thought the best location for this library is to install it into the
same directory where the remaining test suite components are located
(rather than into a canonical library path where the linker finds it).

After doing so, lintian correctly issues the following warnings:

- package-has-unnecessary-activation-of-ldconfig-trigger
  See [1] for more information on this tag.

- shared-library-lacks-prerequisites
  See [2] for more information on this tag.

Given the circumstances of this particular case I am inclined to
ignore/suppress those warnings. Or am I on the wrong track here and
there are better solutions? Suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Peter

[0] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/charliecloud

[1]