Re: Temporary(?) bundling of code that may not warrant its own package

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 09:54:56PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I think that is ultimately up to you as the maintainer. If it's really
> important to get the new version uploaded, then yeah do that first,
> but otherwise just leave it at the current version, do the new
> library, then upload new version when that gets out of NEW. Or maybe
> decide that there is a time limit: you really should have the new
> version uploaded within say 4 weeks. If NEW takes longer than that,
> then upload the new-version-with-bundle at that point.

If, for whatever reason, you feel urgency, the ftpmasters are very good at
prioritizing your needs.  There's just no information attached to packages
normally -- you need to let them know.  One way is popping up in #debian-ftp
and whining.

I've never had them refuse a request to speed up a review.  A package stuck
in NEW is stalling further work?  Ask to prioritize.  A package is job
related and your manager wants it in?  A derivative is about to freeze?  A
customer requested a backport?  All of these are valid reasons.

Otherwise, the package sits there with a lot of fonts, themes, pet packages.
Ftpfolk are too busy to guess your needs on their own.

Obviously, let's not abuse their kindness when not needed.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.