Re: Announcing Debian Social

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:59:48PM +0100, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> Long-term, we plan to authenticate these services against the salsa.debian.org
> service. Some services are part of the way there, others may take some more
> time and collaboration with upstream.

I want to highlight this bit.
In the past formorer said no to this, as he doesn't want salsa to end up
like alioth and be used for too many things.  In particular, he said he
wouldn't want anybody to rely on salsa as a user database.  sso.d.o. is
the thing that should be used instead (but it's still lacking a proper
guest account backend).

That said, recently somebody else also rised this issue in #alioth, and
it turns out that the salsa admins team is not really on the same page
on this.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo