Re: Announcing Debian Social

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 03:09:07PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> I want to highlight this bit.
> In the past formorer said no to this, as he doesn't want salsa to end up
> like alioth and be used for too many things.  In particular, he said he
> wouldn't want anybody to rely on salsa as a user database.  sso.d.o. is
> the thing that should be used instead (but it's still lacking a proper
> guest account backend).

For the records, I consider sso.debian.org as it is now, past its "best
before" date, and starting to smell quite bad.

A replacement attempt was written, but hasn't been deployed for far too
long.

I'd love to be able to have the current SSO replaced: it's currently far
too high a barrier of access for nm.debian.org and
contributors.debian.org for non-DDs, to a point that worries me
significantly.

What we replace it for, is probably not up to me to choose, although
being responsible for maintaining the two current biggest consumers of
SSO auth in Debian, I'd like it to happen sooner rather than later.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>