Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

> On 6 Feb 2020, at 13:25, Ansgar <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
>
> I have no problem installing a different MTA than Debian's default
> (exim), my preferred shell, my preferred editor and so on either.

That. The first thing I do on a fresh Debian system is to install
postfix, configure it as smarthost and install emacs-nox. I don’t
care about the defaults as long as I have a choice.

So, I am perfectly fine with changing the default to journalctl.

P.S.: I absolutely love coredumpctl as a sofware developer
and I absolutely hate systemd-resolved as a DNS developer,
but honestly I would be ok with systemd-resolved installed
by default as it is improvement over doing nothing.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý
ondrej@sury.org