Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 12:30 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Especially as I found that I did not use journalctl in my daily
> practice anyway.

Given you wrote earlier that you moved all but one of your machines
away from Debian, whatever Debian installs by default doesn't affect
you anyway.

I don't write on mailing lists of distributions I don't use (or only
use a bit) arguing about what is included in their default
installation, though one could argue that emacs should be installed
everywhere by default.

> So why would removing rsyslog from the default install the only
> viable approach to solve duplicate logging?

If the rsyslog maintainer is also fine with this (which I'll assume he
is), I think there's no real problem if that would be done.  I might
install rsyslog by hand on a few systems then, but that's not a real
problem given I already have to install other packages anyway...

I have no problem installing a different MTA than Debian's default
(exim), my preferred shell, my preferred editor and so on either.

Ansgar