Re: Salsa CI news

On 2/5/20 11:42 PM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

> Sources are somewhere, true. But build (binary) is not DFSG-compliant.

Why? Because it was not built in Debian?

> Don't you think it would be _better_ to use (only) components from "main"?
> Certainly there will be more integrity if you can do that.

For something like producing build logs? Really don't care.

>> Where is the problem?
>
> Lack of self-reliance? Using non-trusted vendor binaries (and/or container
> image)? Using sloppy vendor build over proper one that we have in Debian?
> Pick any.

You are free to setup and run your own runner.
Its even possible to share them for everybody.
If you do, I'd suggest you add some appropriate tags so people can force
their builds to run on a runner built from Debian source.
(there is not irony here, if you think that would improve Debian, just
do it)