Re: migration from cron.daily to systemd timers

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 11:45 PM Richard Laager wrote:

> We do lose the automatic cron emails

This is the main reason I haven't switched to systemd timers for my
personal crontab, I have some jobs that generate output (diffs of
various things mostly) but don't fail. There doesn't appear to be any
tool to monitor a tool and send a mail if it generates output or
fails, in the way that cron does. As the blogs you link to explain,
even if such a tool existed, systemd's options for output handling
don't really allow for such a tool to be passed the output easily.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise