Re: Bits from /me: A humble draft policy on "deep learning v.s. freedom"

    Paul> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 1:58 AM Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> So for deep learning models we would require that they be
    >> retrainable and typically require that we have retrained them.

    Paul> I don't think it is currently feasible for Debian to retrain
    Paul> the models. I don't think we have any buildds with GPUs yet. I
    Paul> don't know about the driver situation but for example I doubt
    Paul> any deep learning folks using the nvidia hardware mentioned in
    Paul> deeplearning-policy are using the libre nouveau drivers. The
    Paul> driver situation for TPUs might be better though? Either way I
    Paul> think a cross-community effort for retraining and
    Paul> reproducibility of models would be better than Debian having
    Paul> to do any retraining.

I wonder whether we'd accept a developer's assertion that some large pdf
in a source package could be rebuilt without actually rebuilding it  on
every upload.
I think we probably would.

I think something similar might be acceptable here.