Re: Bits from /me: A humble draft policy on "deep learning v.s. freedom"

Sam.
Whilst i agree that "assets" in some packages may not have sources with them and the application may still be in main if it pulls in those assets from contrib or non free.
I am trying to suggest the same thing here. If the data set is unknown this is the *same* as a dependancy on a random binary blob (music / fonts / game levels / textures etc) and we wouldn't put that in main.

It is my belief that we consider training data sets as 'source' in much the same way....

/Andy