Re: Bits from /me: A humble draft policy on "deep learning v.s. freedom"

Hi Tzafrir,

I wrote a dedicated section about reproducibility:
https://salsa.debian.org/lumin/deeplearning-policy#neural-network-reproducibility

> I suppose that the answer is negative, but it would have been nice to
> have that.

In simple cases, fixing the seed for random number generator is enough.

If any upstream has ever claimed that their project aims to be of high
quality. Then unable to reproduce is very likely a fatal bug.

Reproducibility is also a headache among the machine learning and
deep learning communities. They are trying to improve the situation.
Everyone likes reproducible bits.