Re: Please stop hating on sysvinit (was Re: do packages depend on lexical order or {daily,weekly,monthly} cron jobs?)

On 07.08.19 19:00, Marc Haber wrote:

> Marc, who is trying to have neutral view on systemd and has managed to
> be seen as a fanboi by systemd haters and as a hater by the systemd
> community, and now fully expects the CoC to be used to be silenced

Marc, i don't hope so - you are not alone. For me systemd is one of the
best things ever happend to Linux. That doesn't mean that all people has
to be happy about. Long story short: I can't hear it anymore - there are
reasons why systemd exist and why it is superior over some other init
systems for some use cases. It might be an incident that all the my use
cases are covered today. And there will be other use cases that are not
covered yet or never will be covered.

I read in my early youth that the australians say: "Show me!" if they
don't belive in something - right o, for me and my needs systemd has
delivered.

Cheers Alf