Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>
writes:

>> $ origtargz   # since I use pristine-tar

> what is the difference with

> git deborig

I use pristine-tar so that I can get back exactly the same tarball that
upstream uses, so that anyone can verify that the Debian package starts
from the same source using cmp (and so that upstream tarball signatures
will verify).  git deborig looks like it's going to reconstruct a tarball
from Git, which will not produce the identical tarball as upstream's
release.

Opinions differ on whether this matters, but it matters to me, so I'm
still using pristine-tar despite its shortcomings.

>> $ dgit --gbp build
>> $ dgit --gbp push-source

> or dgit --gbp sbuild

Ack, yes, sorry, I meant sbuild and typed it incorrectly.