Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild

Mathias Behrle <mbehrle@debian.org> writes:

> I tried that building as usual with sbuild with additional option
> --source-only-changes and uploaded, but now get REJECTS with e.g.

> tryton-server_5.0.6-2.dsc: Refers to non-existing file
> 'tryton-server_5.0.6.orig.tar.gz'
> Perhaps you need to include the file in your upload?

I know people are probably getting kind of tired of the mentions of dgit,
but I personally switched over to running:

$ origtargz   # since I use pristine-tar
$ dgit --gbp build
$ dgit --gbp push-source

a while back, and it's been (mildly) life-changing.  (The --gbp is there
because I'm using gbp pq to manage diffs, mostly just due to lack of time
to do another round of investigating alternatives.)  There's a whole set
of commands and sequences that I was previously having to memorize that
just went away, and I've never had to think about different upload
commands for different suites (dgit uses the changelog to figure that out
for you), deciding whether or not to include the orig tarball, remembering
to tag the tree that I uploaded, or any of the rest of that.

Getting started with dgit felt a bit intimidating, but it basically just
worked once I got sbuild set up (and you've already crossed that hurdle),
and the payoff in reduced mental load was totally worth it.