Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Peter Silva <peter@bsqt.homeip.net> writes:

> One thing that dampens our enthusiasm for that at the moment is that
> our packages are still very unstable […], but if it gets baked into
> debian, then we need to support some random old version for many
> years.

By that description it is not a good candidate for putting into Debian
the operating system.

If the upstream project is not going to support specific releases for
years, that puts the onus on Debian package maintainers to choose a
version for support during the lifetime of a Debian release.

So would you agree, then, that the barrier to entry to the Debian system
is appropriate in this case?

--
 \      “I don't want to live peacefully with difficult realities, and |
  `\     I see no virtue in savoring excuses for avoiding a search for |