Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Peter Silva <peter@bsqt.homeip.net> writes:

> […] the launchpad.net model, which supports backporting seamlesslly
> and allows to support the same version on all distro versions, works
> better for us. This is something a debian version of launchpad would
> get us.

How does it handle “seamlessly” changes that make a package incompatible
with the already-released Debian stable? If it doesn't handle that, is
it right to call that seamless?

If one needs to keep a close eye on changes to make sure they can still
be installed even on a years-old OS, the resulting packages can be
placed in a custom repository set up with the instructions at
<URL:https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Setup>. What am I missing?

--
 \         “I think Western civilization is more enlightened precisely |
  `\     because we have learned how to ignore our religious leaders.” |